What Our Charlotte Veterinarian Can Treat
Are you looking for an animal hospital in Charlotte that offers top-tier care, and that has the facilities to treat a wide range of common pet conditions? If so, then look no further than Hickory Grove Animal Hospital. Our veterinary team is well-trained to diagnose various types of conditions and can provide the best care possible to help pets make a complete recovery. Read on to get to know some of the common conditions we treat here at our animal hospital.
Common Conditions That Affect Pets
The following is not a complete list of the conditions we can treat, but they are the most common:
- Dermatology Problems: From allergies to mange, having a skin problem can bring misery to your dogs or cats and can result in itching, redness, rashes, flaky skin, lesions, scabs, swelling, and hot spots. Determining the problem is key to treat the dermatology issue.
- Respiratory Infections: A high fever, rapid breathing, and loss of appetite and energy are just a handful of symptoms that occur when a respiratory infection arises. Prompt veterinary treatment is needed to prevent severe damage to the lungs.
- Arthritis: Many senior pets are subject to arthritis, a condition that limits movement, causes pain and swelling in the joints, and makes it difficult for them to have a happy, normal life. Although there is no cure for arthritis, our veterinarian knows how to help your pets manage the disease.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a serious condition that happens when the body of your animals cannot regulate glucose. High levels of blood sugar can cause chronic infections, weight loss, vomiting, a lack of energy, cataracts, seizures, excessive thirst, and increased urination. Ongoing veterinary care is necessary to help control the glucose levels in your pets.
- Dental Problems: Tooth loss, damage tooth roots, inflamed or bleeding gums, and bad breath are several reasons to have your companion animals on a dental care routine. Not only can these issues occur if dental care is not given to your pets, but bacteria can travel in the bloodstream and cause havoc to the internal organs. Talk to our veterinarian on how you can prevent these problems from happening.
Pay Hickory Grove Animal Hospital a Visit Today
You don't have to wait until your pets get sick to visit us. Our veterinarian recommends yearly wellness check-ups for pets to ensure they are healthy and growing properly. Get in touch with Hickory Grove Animal Hospital in Charlotte anytime you want professional assistance with your dogs' or cats’ health. We'll be happy to work with you to keep your pets comfortable, happy, and in good health. The number to call is 704-563-5858.